May 4, 5, 6
Call To Artists:
Artists in all media are invited to participate in Kutztown’s second annual Art Crawl, May 4, 5 and 6, sponsored by the Kutztown Community Partnership. The opening reception will take place Thursday, May 4 from 6:00 to 9:00 p.m.
The Reading, Allentown, Kutztown area is unusually rich in artists, but a bit thin on markets for their work. KCP will link artists with local merchants, who will display their work for three days and will be encouraged to provide enticements to visitors such as music, specialty food and drink items, etc. Visitors will be enticed by a raffle to visit all stores and artists participating.
All media eligible in sizes below 24X30. Works that do not hang on the wall should be small and space must be agreed upon between the artist and the venue.
- All entries must be made digitally at the KCP website at www.kutztownpartnership.org/art-soire
- Artist must submit three samples of their work via email in jpg format to KCP@HometownU.com by Sunday, April 9.
- Each entry should include name of work, size, medium and cost.
- Notification of selection will be returned by Saturday, April 15.
- The number of artists selected will be limited by the number of venues participating.
- Entry fee for artist: $15:00 no matter how many pieces are entered.
- Entries to include name of artist, e-mail and number of works to be hung.
- Each work must be labeled on the back with title, artists name, email and phone number.
- Each work must be for sale and labeled with a price.
- Artists are expected to promote the show through their network.
- Artists will negotiate all arrangements for display with the venue.
- Each hanging work must be framed, and securely wired.
- Works on paper must be covered with glass or plastic.
- Host fee: $25.00.
- Must be open until 9:00 on Thursday (artist meet and greet), 7:00 on Friday and 4:00 on Saturday.
- Artist meet and greet on Thursday should be a reception style welcoming atmosphere complete with appropriate refreshments.
- Must have enough wall space for at least 3-4 artworks.
- Must have adequate lighting for the works.
- Take reasonable precautions to ensure the safety of the works.
- Promote the event through the venue’s website and network.
- Put a poster in the window (which will be supplied) promoting the event.
- Art will be hung on the walls or, if necessary, supported on easels.
Deadline for submission: Sunday, April 9
Selection notification: Saturday, April 15
Artist/venue pairing announced: Saturday, April 22
Artists hang their work: Thursday, May 4
Unsold work pickup: Saturday, May 6
For further information, call Kelley Neyhart at 610 674-5380